|Raintree Quilters Guild of Evansville, IN||
Salute To Service Project
As a result of a vote Raintree's Hilighted Charity at the 2019 Quilt Show will be SWIRCA. We'll make and sell signature blocks up through the Quilt Show and then quickly assemble the quilts to present at a late 2019 SWIRCA event.
Members will be asked to help in several ways.
- They can donate patriotic prints, red, white and blue. A 5" square of fabric will be needed for each block in January and February
- They can help make up kits so members can sew 6” blocks.
- They can assemble blank signature blocks
- They can help assemble the blocks into quilts
- They can help sell the blocks for $5 each and take signatures. (SWIRCA will also have blocks to be signed at their Activity Center. We’ll have a booth at the 2019 Quilt Show where SWIRCA can sell signatures and promote their good work. )
Linda Bohlen is heading up this project and has asked for help up front. "I need helpers so please let me know if you would like to be involved."
You can also help SWIRCA directly now! You can donate or buy a $30 annual membership. Membership gives you rights to attend weekly classes and day trips. You also get a newsletter listing activities. A donation would help offset expenses of folks who are not able to pay the membership dues.
The December Block of the Month is due to be returned in January....so you don't need to carry it in with you Holiday Dinner dish to pass. Watch out....the block isn't symmetric and it IS directional so put it together carefully.
The 2019 Challenge has been issued. It is again an Ultimate Challenge so it will be juried for exhibit in the AQS show at Grand Rapids in 2020. Similarly it will be exhibited at the 2019 Raintree Quilt Show. For more information and the Challenge rules use the button above.
How To Instructions:
Fabric of the Month for Raffle Basket Exchange
Our 2019 Quilt Show Committees are already gearing up. The Raffle Basket committee is a good example. They have worked out the colors of the month for fat quarter donations to the Raffle Baskets. Here they are:
January Black and White
March Spring pastels
July Backgrounds: White and Cream